- Efficient miner for a new cryptocurrency, Helium (HNT)
- Complete set-up in minutes using a smartphone
- LongFi™ technology maximizes range and battery life
- Low Power – uses about the same amount as a 5W LED bulb
- Easily manage Hotspots and tokens from the mobile app
is a technology architecture that combines a leading wireless
technology, LoRaWAN, and the Helium Blockchain. LongFi™ is optimized for
miles of range, and long battery life for IoT devices.
Hotspot Miners earn HNT when devices connect, and for validating
wireless coverage delivered by peers. Using a system called
Proof-of-Coverage, RAK Hotspot Miners earn more HNT when they're in
range of other RAK Hotspot Miners, but need to be at least 300 meters
depends on the environment, for rural areas up to 10 miles or more, but
for more dense areas up to a mile. Single RAK Hotspot Miners earn less
as they can only issue Challenges over the internet, and can’t
participate in Proof-of-Coverage.